Latest news :
  • | Express Entry: Canada holds third PNP draw in a row. 681 invitations to candidates who had scores of at least 720.*
  • |

Family Sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents. If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada. If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives.

You can sponsor your:

  • Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
  • Dependent child (or child you plan to adopt): must be 21 and younger
  • Parents and Grandparents: father, mother, grandfather or grandmother
  • Orphaned  Relatives: brother, sister, nephew, niece, grandson or granddaughter, who are orphaned, under the age of 18, and not married or in a common-law relationship
  • Other relative:  *only Lonely Canadians are eligible to sponsor (have no other family living in Canada)

Basic requirements for family sponsorship To be a sponsor:

  • You must be 18 years of age or older
  • You and the sponsored relative must sign a sponsorship agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your relative, if necessary. This agreement also says the person becoming a permanent resident will make every effort to support her or himself
  • You must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they become a permanent resident
  • You must provide financial support for a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.

Sponsors living outside Canada

Canadian citizens living outside of Canada may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children without dependent children of their own, who have not been convicted of an offence causing bodily harm, provided that they are able to demonstrate that they will reside in Canada after their sponsored landings.

Contact us now for a Free 15-min consultation to learn more about us, and that how we can assist.